|Taken the day Green Pro installed the landscaping|
|One year after installation of landscaping... a flag pole, some mulch bed bordering, and a hell of a lot of watering later....|
We have landscaping now, and it looks good from a distance, but the company that did it, Green Pro, was not very detail-oriented.
I don't have close ups of the problem areas, but here is what we had trouble with so others will know what to watch out for:
- Gaps greater than 1" between the sod strips
- Insufficient amount of mulch
- Insufficient amount of seed (in the back where they seeded instead of sodded)
- Insufficient amount of straw to cover seed
- They don't call you to let you know that the landscaping is complete... sod dies within days if it is not watered immediately.... what if you're on vacation??
- Quality of sod was not great - it was very dry as they let it sit on the street for a day prior to installing it
- Both trees they planted were not centered in the holes - both were "leaning"
- Quality of trees/shrubs is mediocre - the one tree (shown in the first photo above, replaced in the second photo) didn't survive it's first winter